Thursday, February 12, 2009

Pomp and Circumstance

I have ten minutes before I have to take brownies out of the oven and deliver them to one stressed out law student pulling an all nighter. Ten minutes is not enough time to start reading another article for my case report :) Ten minutes is not enough time to shower and dry my hair before I have to go outside in the cold. Ten minutes IS;however, enough time to BLOG.

I just finished filling out the "Washington University In St. Louis School of Medicine Commencement 2009 Sutdent Regalia Rental" order form. In three simple words: CAP AND GOWN! I had to measure the circumference of my head exactly 1 inch above my ears. This is difficult when your right ear is lower than your left. So, I took my physical therpist tape measure and wraped it around my head...and...21 inches! I was surprised! Do I have a big head? I was curious to call friends and see what their head size was because I was starting to feel insecure. Anyway, I decided that I would just rent this lovely "very distinctive", as described by the university advertisement (you would agree when you hear this next part), POLYESTER, gown. See picture below.



Now you can understand why I am renting this piece of work! Or it could be because to purchase the gown costs $510.50 versus renting it for $91.73. Either way, I am EXCITED and PROUD to wear this sucker no matter how much you may laugh at me becuase guess what...I'll be called DOCTOR and wearing the green gown is the easiest thing I've had to do to get this title thus far!

1 comment:

  1. That has to be sooo exciting!! Congrats!! :-) No matter what, you will rock that gown ;-)

    ReplyDelete