Thursday, February 19, 2009

The Job Hunt Begins....Barely!

References. Check. Outfit for Job Fair ironed and ready. Check. Resume Paper. Check. Resume. Check. Print 10 copies. Che... Today was a mad dash for finalizing my resume. My professors who had critiqued it had a turn around time of less than 24 hours (AMAZING), and the job fair was tonight. So I spent the day reading and re-reading my resume at least 10 times. I printed about 8 copies when I realized, as I was reading it again (it looked so nice and professional!), that my phone number was 217-556-8576! NOT 8567! This night was about to be disasterous and I may have been bald the next time you see me from pulling my hair out! This was the last thing I needed after my project that I worked on Tuesday night vanished from my computer and I had to spend all day yesterday redoing it. So, catastropohe avoided, I changed my phone number before handing it out to the many, many vendors that wanted it (yay!) and I don't feel like a failure before I've even started. Hopefully this is a sign that the job hunt will begin on a good note! One thing is for sure, I will always check my contact info at least 100 times before I ever hand out another resume.

1 comment:

  1. Thank God you found that before handing it out. WOW!! Gosh!! Well good luck with the job search - anyone would be pleased to have you!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete