Saturday, April 11, 2009

The Job Hunt ENDS!

So I have neglected my blogging duties for about 2 months...but for good reason! Lots of many major changes have been happening in my life. First, I have a JOB! What?! My FIRST REAL job! After 20 years of education, I finally am smart enough to enter the real world. However, I am a professional student and am a little overwhelmed (frightened, actually) of the Real World. So...where is this job?

CHICAGO! After interviewing, more interviewing, and then mulling over multiple job offers, I finally made a decision. I will be working for Accelerated Rehab at Riverside Medical Clinic (http://www.riversidemedicalsc.com/location.php) in Arlington Heights, a northwest suburb.

http://www.acceleratedrehab.com/


Look right on I-90 (geen highway) in the top and middle of the map. I wanted to add text on the map but have no idea how to do this!
This is a small clinic with two physical therapists (me + one). I will have lots of mentoring and one on one time with my co-worker and boss. I will be able to develop programs and become an integral part of a large company through a small and intimate environment. This was a very tough decision for me because it is not pediatrics. As most of you know, I was set on being a pediatric physical therapist. Well, let me tell you, pediatrics is the worst paying niche in the profession of physical therapy. If I was not paying six figures back in loans, I could afford to do that! However, I must be realistic. I will still try to work PRN on some weekends at a children's hospital to get my fix and make some extra $$. I may decide to take a peds route at some point, but for now I am going to explore outpatient physical therapy in my favorite city ever!

WANTED:
ANYONE who is living in the Chicagoland area and needs a roommate....
LET ME KNOW PLEASE!!!
Or if you know someone who knows someone, let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment