Friday, June 5, 2009

Sweet Home.....Chicago

Well, I did it. Graduated AND moved to another state. Good bye St. Louie and hello Chi Town! I will post pictures of graduation and the new condo soon! Right now I am.....procrastinating! This is not surprising as I am living in a new city and have to try and study for the dreaded PT Boards. Blah! It is SO hard to focus! I did need to update my blog, it has been over a month since I have posted---and with all of the major life changes...well, it is time I fill you in.

First I think I am having a 'quarter-life' crisis. I just turned 25, graduated with a doctorate degree from the 2nd best university for what I do, moved to a new city, am living farther away from my familiy than I ever have, will be doing long distance with Steve, living with someone I barely know (ah craig's list), and start my first "Real life Job" in another week...all while having to study for the biggest test of my life. So yes, I feel that everything has to be perfect and there is no room for error right now. STRESS is an understatement. I have a slight new sense of empowerment and excitement, but that bubble pretty much bursts when I think about the boards. This is all very new, so any support and encouragement will be greatly appreciated!


Here is a quick and dirty version of what I will write more about and post pictures up asap! (I am feeling guilty for taking such a long study break!)


The condo: Beautiful!

Roommate: Great so far (it's only been a week)! She is also a DPT, recently graduated from Michigan.


City: really? I mean I did choose to move here! aka AMAZING! Except for the 50 degree weather on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday in JUNE?!?!


Bucktown (where I live): Cutesy little neighborhood a couple of miles from downtown with the restaurants with the most amazing names that have the best looking menus that are WAY overpriced (hence I have not tried them), clothing shops that I cannot afford unless I save my clothing budget allowance for about 3 months (however, target is just a few blocks away yay!), and I think I will have to give up the sweatpants now when I leave the condo :)


Job: TBD


Coming up next: Moving in and 1st week in the city...


No comments:

Post a Comment