Sunday, December 6, 2009

A lot changes in 6 months

I last blogged 6 months ago. WOW. When I sit and ponder the changes--new home, new city, new people, new places...it just goes on and on and on. I admit leaving life as a student was frightening, I mean, this was all I knew for 20 years! (Kindergarten-Grad school WOW!)

Beginning a life completely on my own is an exhilarating experience and I am enjoying every minute of the ride (most of the time). I work 4, very long, 10-hour days; however, extremely worth it for Fridays off and a 3 day weekend every week! And, with Winter on the way, it is one less day of bumper to bumper traffic because of a few flakes/few feet of snow (it doesn't matter in Chicago how much snow we get--everyone freaks freaks out). I also began working registry at RUSH University Medical Center in acute care at the hospital, 1-3 days a month, for some extra experience and cash.

I am finally learning my way around. These 6 way intersections still get me driving in circles; but that's what the GPS, maps, and trains are for.

I still don't get home as often as I would like; however, I've learned a 4-5 hour drive or train ride really is not that bad (considering I spend up to 2 hours a day in traffic).

Steve and I are still dating. Yes, long distance is a pain, but nevertheless we make it work. He will graduate in May from Law School at Wash U-- and will move to Chicago for his job with the Seventh Circuit Court!

I'll be more consistent with my posting, because trying to catch up after 6 months is way too difficult and could end up being a 6 page long post if I didn't make it short and sweet.

So.... from sweatpants to dress pants, I'm living each day by the minute, anticipating anything! I also would love visitors....so this is an open invitation! (although I know winter is not the most appealing time to visit Chicago!)

No comments:

Post a Comment