Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Cinderella v. Sweatpants

This weekend I will be doffing the sweatpants and donning a party dress! Saturday is the Barrister's Ball, a "law school prom" if you will. Steve and I will be pulling ourselves away from work and having a nice dinner and fun time at the St. Louis Zoo (the venue for the ball)! Last weekend I decided I needed a fancy party dress because not only will sweatpants not cut it when going to class in law school--but definitely are not appropriate for the Barrister's Ball. It's been a while since I've tried on dresses (even though I love them). I was by myself at Macy's and Express and of course, couldn't make up my mind which one I liked the best. Therefore, I did the only reasonable thing to do...and bought all 4 of them. I know that sounds like a lot and a lot of money; but, I didn't spend more than $17 per dress! Now the dilemma...which one to wear and which 3 to take back?! Here are the 4 dresses:



Dress #1 Dress #2
Dress #3 (only $13!)

Dress #4

I'm still undecided as to which one to choose, so if you want to take a vote, let me know what you think! I will let everyone know the winner by posting a picture from Saturday. But fear not...I haven't given up sweatpants completely. In fact, today I supported the 2nd year DPT class by making a donation/purchase....




WASH U PT SWEATPANTS!!!!



2 comments:

  1. Hi there Lacey! I found your blog through Sarah's! So, first off - HI!! So great to catch up with you! And second - that is some GREAT shopping that you did!! I'm impressed with the price and the dresses - super cute!! I do have to say that I vote for the red dress. I think it looks really cute on you!! Can't wait to see what you choose!! Don't tell my husband you found dresses at those prices....Shhh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A more conservative point of view - no wonder they were so cheap, where's the rest of these dresses??? One and two are okay, three looks like sleep wear, so I'll have to say number four gets my vote. Hope you have a great time at the ball.

    ReplyDelete